• leases for less than 1000 m2
• leases lasting between six months and 25 years
• leases entered into after the Act began on 1 July 2004
• leases where the tenant is not a listed Corporation.
This lease kit complies with the Business Tenancies Act. It comes with a Guide to help you understand your rights and obligations under the Act and complete your lease documentation with ease.
In the Northern Territory, retail shop tenants automatically have a minimum five-year lease term (this is calculated to include any options).
If your lease is for a short term of less than five years, the tenant will need to obtain a certificate waiving the tenant’s right to the minimum five year lease period. This is explained further in the Retail Lease Kit.
The landlord must provide the tenant with a disclosure statement and an estimate of the costs associated with the lease before the lease is entered into.
The tenant has the right to terminate the lease within the first six months if the disclosure statement is not provided to the tenant or it contained wrong or misleading information.
This Kit contains the Disclosure Statement required for NT retail leases.
This Kit was drafted to comply with the Business Tenancies (Fair Dealings) Act 2003, and it contains a step-by-step guide to help you understand your obligations under the Act.
• prepare your own Retail Lease;
• prepare your Disclosure Statement;
• follow the correct pre-lease procedure;
• understand the law around retail leasing in NT; and
• comply with your legal obligations and understand your rights under the Business Tenancies (Fair Dealings) Act 2003
Plus, you will have access to the latest updated documents in your personalised Members’ Area.Buy Retail Lease Agreement for the Northern Territory (NT)